Program Manager – Airport Property Development Manager
$40,000.00 – $54,000.00 Annually
Location Texarkana Regional Airport, 201 Airport Dr., Texarkana AR
Real Estate Department
Provide support for Texarkana Regional Airport’s property management, leases, contracts and marketing under direct supervision of the Executive Director. Preparation of airport boundary maps to update FAA Airport Layout Plans. Negotiate and prepare agreements for land acquisitions. Oversees revenue generating activities at the Airport including contracts, leases and agreements; administers Airport property management and development; manage and develop planning to recruit business for the Airport. Manage and develop marketing strategies for the Department. Manages advertising, marketing, social media, website, and public relations initiatives to position the Texarkana Regional Airport as the preferred Airport of choice in the region. Assist with special events and other public communication duties as assigned.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- Draft, compose, and edit correspondence, lease agreements and contracts.
- Assist with preparation of proposal and bid documents.
- Federal Aviation Administration and Department of Transportation rules and regulations pertaining to public airports.
- Track insurance requirements for tenants, concessionaires and operators to ensure certificate of insurance documents are current.
- Observes, monitors, and takes actions regarding tenant compliance and performance under contract provisions and Airport minimum standards.
- Maintain recordkeeping, subject files, archive files and tenant mailing lists.
- Ordering and reviewing appraisals and surveys, walking unimproved airport land and conducting site visits of potential land acquisitions.
- Maintain all property-related files for review during regular FAA audits to ensure that all Federal regulations were followed in various land transactions.
- Completes special projects as assigned, working on a wide variety of real estate and aviation issues and problems.
- Handles highly confidential information.
- Deliver excellent internal and external customer service.
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently and with a team.
- Prioritize a variety of tasks with little supervision and use good judgement.
- Ability to interpret statistics and develop and prepare clear and accurate reports.
- Use spreadsheets, word processing, and database computer software programs at an advanced level.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Develops and implements Airport rate-setting proposals; recommends rental rates and user fees for Airport properties, facilities, and services.
- Assists in developing air service development programs and initiatives.
- Development of marketing programs, advertising campaigns, promotions, community activities, airport website, and other marketing support functions that will enhance and promote the Airport brand.
- Creates flyers, brochures, ads, and press releases.
- Participates in social media (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and promotional (press releases, ad copy, newsletters, etc.) outlets for promotional purposes.
- Write and edit content for Texarkana Regional Airport’s social media sites and website.
- Shoot photographs of events and individuals or groups.
- Procures and maintains inventory of client gifts, tradeshow giveaways and promotional items.
- Perform general administrative tasks such as answering phones, taking messages, making appointments, copying, filing, organizing, and mailing.
- Serve as Finance Director when manager is unavailable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Aviation Management, Economic Development, Business Administration, Marketing, Political Science, Public Administration or related field and;
- Two years of related experience in business development, contract management, real estate, property management or marketing preferably in an airport setting.
- An Associate’s Degree in related field with at least four years related experience, in business development, real estate, property management or marketing preferably in an airport setting can be substituted.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered in meeting the minimum requirements for this position.
- Valid state driver license, free of serious or frequent traffic violations.
- Work experience with an airport related to real estate or operations role is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of researching data or developing queries from an appraisal district website
- Real Estate industry experience – knowledge of property use rights, airport real estate matters, familiarity with applying the Federal Uniform Act governing property acquisition.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office, internet explorer and social media is required.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design and Flash) preferred.
- Ability to capture quality photographs of people, places, and things.
- Principles and techniques of marketing; airport rates and charges theories.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push and pull objects up to 30 pounds.
- Job functions require sitting for extended periods, but also involve standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting, walking, carrying, and reaching.
- Extensive wrist and hand movements required for frequent keyboarding and use of office equipment.
- Ability to perform close work to file, read and use computer required.
- Ability to continuously exchange information through listening and talking with customers, coworkers, representatives of community organizations and other individuals required.
- Ability to be mobile community wide for appropriate business needs required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport security badge as a condition of employment.
WORKING CONTACTS WITH OTHERS (INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL):
- Regular contact with management, co-workers, tenants, airlines, and the general public.
- Ability to focus on and deliver excellent internal and external customer service.
WORKING CONDITIONS, TRAVEL, ENVIRONMENT AND POTENTIAL HAZARDS:
- Work is primarily in an office setting with some travel on the airport and in the local area. Occasional exposure to aircraft noise and fumes.