Cranes & Construction Near TXK
The Texarkana Regional Airport (TXK) serves as critical aviation infrastructure for the Ark-La-Tex. The integrity of its effectiveness, efficiency and, most of all, margin of safety, is ensured by protecting the airspace and flight procedures surrounding the airport. In order for TXK to provide the highest level of utility for the region and to protect aircraft and the flying public, TXK has listed below some Federal requirements that must be followed for the use of tall equipment, or erection/construction of buildings near TXK.
For construction using tall equipment (cranes, concrete boom trucks, drills etc.), or projects involving the erection/construction of buildings within close proximity to TXK, please use the following information to submit a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Form 7460-1, Notice of Proposed Construction or Alteration, to the FAA prior to construction. Use the FAA’s Notice Criteria Tool to determine if your construction requires submission of FAA Form 7460-1. Please submit separate FAA Form 7460-1’s for temporary tall equipment and permanent buildings. NOTE: Submitting a FAA Form 7460-1 and receiving an airspace determination may take up to 90 days.
If you have additional questions or need help, please contact TXK Airport Operations at 903-748-8462 or email email@example.com
An FAA Form 7460-1 is required if ANY of the following criteria are met:
• Any construction or alteration within 20,000 feet of Texarkana Regional Airport which exceeds a 100:1 slope from any point of the nearest runway
• Any highway, railroad, or other traverse way whose prescribed adjusted height would exceed the above noted standards.
• Any construction or alteration exceeding 200 feet above ground level, regardless of distance from the airport.
• Any construction or alteration located on the airport, regardless of height or location
• When requested by the FAA